- Boil water and wait for the bubbles to come. Do not over boil (your tea leaves need to breathe oxygen dissolved in water 😊).
- Rinse your glass or porcelain tea pot (avoid metal pot for brewing !!) with hot water to keep it hot. Rinse your cup with hot water so that it tea remains hot when poured in cup.
- Drop 2.5-3 gms of tea per cup. This is usually 1 tea spoon (for large tea leaves use 2 tea spoons)
- Pour boiling water in the pot.
- Cover the pot with a tea cozy and leave it for brewing (also called ‘tipping’) for 3-5 minutes as per your taste.
- Pour in your cup and enjoy. To feel like a connoisseur don’t gulp. Roll it in your tongue for the after taste 😊